Job Title: Paramedic
Employer: Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Department: Operations Division
Location: Throughout Yorkshire
Salary: £21,176 to £27,625 pa
Job Type: Permanent Staff Group: Allied Health Professionals
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) is an important institution that holds an integral part of all the health communities across Yorkshire and is committed to deliver the highest quality patient care. Serving over 5 million people in the Yorkshire region, YAS also renders their services to the rural and urban areas.
This is almost 6000 square miles across the vast terrains ranging from isolated moors and dales down to the city proper including coastal stretches. YAS employs 4468 staff with 2000 volunteers working together to serve the Yorkshire community. Services include a 24-hour accident and emergency health care made accessible by using Communication centres and frontline A&E crews.
YAS also have Patient Transport Service (PTS) conveying in excess of 1.6 million patients back and forth the Hospitals across Yorkshire including neighboring countries each year.
Applicants for Yorkshire Ambulance Service are advised to read all information of this advert including the supporting information BEFORE completions and submissions of applications. Make sure to complete the supporting information section of the application forms to clearly demonstrate qualification for this post.
HPC Registered Paramedic
TAKE NOTE! Previous applicants need not apply.
The Trust is currently seeking HPC registered Paramedics throughout Yorkshire to fill the number of vacancies. The Trust also welcomes qualified applicants as Paramedics who are committed and can provide excellence in the standard of pre-hospital care.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Has common sense, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be a Registered Paramedic with the Health Professions Council and successfully completed a HPC approved paramedic program.
• Has a full driving license with category C1 and has no more than 3 penalty points applicable for minor offenses only.
• Can demonstrate evidence of CPD in a portfolio including the demonstration of necessary refresher and re-certification training.
• Must be able to successfully meet requirements especially strict pre-employment checks process with satisfactory references, conduct and attendance records, CRB and health assessment.
If you have the qualifications mentioned above, then we would like to hear from you.
Part of the selection process is an assessment which will include both written and practical exercises.
HPC registered Paramedics candidates who have not completed an IHCD emergency driver training programs are welcome.
Equal Opportunities and Accepting applicants from all sections of the community are the main policies that YAS actively pursues in terms of hiring the right people most especially ethnic and minority groups who are presently under-represented in YAS. YAS supports the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ scheme (the two ticks system) which means YAS totally guarantee all applicants with disability to undergo assessment especially those who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy while considering them in behalf of their abilities. On the other hand, reasonable adjustments for successful applicants with a disability will be made on appointment.
If you applied and failed to hear anything within 8 weeks of the closing date, this means that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion because only shortlisted applicants will be contacted immediately after the closing date.
The salary range stated in advertisements is calculated using a pro rata basis especially if the vacancy is part time.
All formal invites to attend appointments regarding the selection process will be sent electronically via the NHS Jobs Website to the email address that you provide at the time of the application. ALWAYS REMEMBER to read your emails on a regular basis and respond as necessary.
– Flexible working arrangements
– Childcare/ Career support
– Ongoing Learning and development
– Free Occupational Health and counseling services
– Excellent Final Salary Pension Scheme
Take Note! Yorkshire Ambulance Service operates a Smoke Free Policy